[TechAssist] Re: Zenith B25A11ZF Chassis 9-2108 Flat line then off. Won't start.

  • From: jorge miret <jorge_miret@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:16:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Warren:
I just verified with a STR53041 and if checked on diode scale with (+) on pin#2
and (-) on pin# 3, I got reading of a regular diode and if leads are reversed I
got infinite or very hi resistance.I hope this help you.
Jorge.
Warren <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What! is my question about STR53041 a stupid question???
I don't know if this short between 2 & 3 means difinitively that it's bad!

Warren

Warren wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Just got started on this one. Wondering about the STR53041 if it's
>good or not?
>I have some saved STR53041's but I noticed that some of them have pins
>2-3 with a very low ohms.
>I would like to hear from others if this indicates a bad chip.!
>I need to throw these out if they are bad.
>
>BTW the customer said that the set flashed then went to a flat line ,
>then went out, and wouldn't go again.
>At this early point I've only noticed one shorted transistor nearby the
>regulator. Number escapes me right now at home.
>
>TIA
>Warren Campbell
>Campbell's TV & Appliances
>Cannington ONT