[TechAssist] Zenith B25A11ZF Chassis 9-2108 Flat line then off. Won't start.

  • From: Warren <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 08:35:50 -0400

Hi All

Just got started on this one.  Wondering about the STR53041 if it's
good  or not?
I have some saved STR53041's but I noticed that some of them have pins
2-3 with a very low ohms.
I would like to hear from others if this indicates a bad chip.!
I need to throw these out if they are bad.

BTW  the customer said that the set flashed then went to a flat line ,
then went out, and wouldn't go again.
At this early point I've only noticed one shorted transistor nearby the
regulator. Number escapes me right now at home.

TIA
Warren Campbell
Campbell's TV & Appliances
Cannington ONT