[TechAssist] Re: Wards /Zenith 9-1407 TV Model MWM2553Y

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:24:03 -0500

Willie:

          I didnt see an option for RED or any color for that matter in the
menu. I did notice that none of the color controls (IE :TINT) in the menu
change the color at all - but the sliders move when you actuate them. Same
for Brightness.

          I rehooked up the Tap from the FBT to the heaters ust to compare,
and I had a sort of loud hissing noise like HV escaping somewhere near the
neck. The Pix looked more out of Focus, so I reattached the normal heaters ,
but now my Tap which was putting out like 4.5V, now is putting out less than
1 VAC. Could the Flyback have weakened during my test ? I notice Now the
Focus Pot has to be near all the way CW to get decent Focus, and so does the
Screen Control in order to get a fair Brightness. Flyback is a 95-4372.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)