[TechAssist] Re: Wards /Zenith 9-1407 TV Model MWM2553Y

  • From: "Willie Hunter" <williehunter2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:29:11 -0500

Nothing is wrong with the G2 Voltage.what you have is a bad tube.Isolating
the heaters from
the circuit and put about 3 or 4 of wire around the flyback core will act as
a booster.
but the filament has to be totally disconnected from the rest of the
circuit.
Willie.
Hunter tv

>From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Wards /Zenith 9-1407 TV Model MWM2553Y
>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:12:45 -0500
>
>Hi Bob:
>
>                Thanks for the Tip. I now believe the FBT is for the Most
>part OK. the Focus becomes sort of "tight" near the final 80-90% of the
>Rotation of the Control when turning it, but have seen this before on other
>Sets, so I think its ok.  The Screen seems sort of Weak, as it too needs to
>be near 80-90% of Maximum for it to have a Decent level, but for the most
>part Acceptable.....unless this is a 'weak' flyback? Would not too the HV
>be
>lower than usual, and could that explain why I have NO white at all? I have
>no HV Proba (yet) , and I posted in another message my G2 I believe is
>394VDC....its the Grey Wire from the Flyback, not the Red Focus wire. I
>dont
>do too many Repairs on sets which require extensive Voltage measurements,
>so
>excuse me if my references are not correct. I think the Grey is the G2 but
>not sure.
>

>Regards,
>
>Steve Hearns
>Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
>WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
>1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)

Get business advice and resources to improve your work life, from bCentral.
http://special.msn.com/bcentral/loudclear.armx