[TechAssist] Re: recovery disk for pavilion 6630

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:51:23 -0500

I agree, Ed.
I'm on my 6th step up from my first 10mhz 286 not counting the earlier RS
Color Computer - TRS80. Iv'e had several parallel units along the way. Three
486s at once, three 450mhz pentiums. Right now I have a 2.4G P4, 2.1G p4,
and 2 450mhz Pentiums networked. The P4 2.1G that I bought a year and a half
ago for $1200 can now be had for about $500.

I have found that I have done no upgrades on the ones I've bought in the
past 7 or 8 years except for adding what was needed to network them and more
memory.
I tried replacing a mother board once as an upgrade from Tiger. That fiasco
cost me enough money to buy two or three new computers, and I never did get
a satisfactory board. Finally Tiger's tech dep't wouldn't even answer my
calls.

Computers were really the first expensive and completely expendable
electronic items built.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH