[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania TV/VCR combo 6319CCA, VCR mechanism alignment

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:23:25 -0600

No, I do not think you can make the TV work without the VCR.  I tried
for several hours on one (I forget the exact model).  The VCR must do
it's little "sub-routine" where it re-tensions the tape each time it is
turned on, if not it will shut down.  The first thing to suspect is the
mode switch on Funai's.  You should always replace them, do not try to
clean them.  I am not familiar with that model number, are you sure
there are 2 "Cs" at the end?  What year was this manufactured?  John.

--
John Mielke
Main TV

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!