[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania TV/VCR combo 6319CCA, VCR mechanism alignment

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:03:08 EDT

That is an easy one. Just make sure the belt is good. Hand load a tape all
the way to the play position by turning the loading motor with your hand and
then unload it to the reject position. You will notice that the mechanism lines
itself up. Look at the gear on the left bottom of your picture. the one that
contacts the mode switch. you will notice that in the full eject position the
little finger that sockets into the mode switch is a little out of position.
Dont change it!!! Leave the mechanism in the reject position as far as it will
go. Change the position of the mode swith to match that gear. you will notice
marks on that gear and the gear that activates the cassette holder. Make sure
these are matched up. Then carefullyinstall the mechaism. You also might want
insert a cassette in before you do install it to the mother board and use a
battery (9volt) to run the loading motor. Mechanism SHOULD NOT BE ON MOTHER
BOARD WHEN YOU DO THIS!!! If you still don't follow-let me know- I'll call you
on
the phone and try to guide you. This mechanism is self aligninging. dont
change it. Hollis Bates. Field Engineer-retired, "ewiston, Maine, HSWAD@xxxxxxx
In
a message dated 8/29/03 12:29:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gary@xxxxxxxxxxx

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!