[TechAssist] Re: Sony SL-2500 Beta Dead, Part ID

  • From: "Bruce Youmans" <youmans@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:46:03 -0700

Jerry,

There is no 12 volts on the input. Because I'm working without a schematic
I'm not sure there is 12 volts on the input when the VCR is in the standby
(off) mode. Yes, it is possible an electrolytic capacitor or two may be bad
because of the age.. I have checked most of them and so far the ESR is good.
I was also thinking that there may be a ICP or low value resistor that has
opened. This is because everything is inoperative, even the clock in the off
mode. The customer said the VCR was plugged in and one day when they went to
use it everything was dead. I have checked all three of the fuses and they
are OK. There are some voltages on the power supply board in various
locations. Not sure if they are correct. Any other thoughts you might have
are appreciated.

Bruce