[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV32S25 pix blinks

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:14:48 -0400

Russ, I have always felt Sony set thetheir IK cut off too sensitive. I
would bet the CRT is aging. You can try slightly advancing the G2 on the
fly and see,this sometimes helps. As a test, I used to jumper the CRT
filament resistor to increase the CRT fil. voltage. This increases CRT
emission and the IK will not blank. But, this shortens the CRT life (I
mean to weeks!) so don't leave it that way.
Or here's a mod that is supposed to work: cut and pasted from email
archives.

 Finally, a simple way to defeat the IK problem.

> >>Take three 18K resistors and connect one end of each to the Red , Green

>and

>up.

 not

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx