[TechAssist] Re: Sony KF60WE610 LCD projo- discoloration in corner

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:39:59 -0500

No bugs, only dust....it looks like a nickle to quarter sized out-of-focus
spot only seen when the background is really dark/no video.

Take a can of dry air (radio shack) and get a very long bristled artist
brush made with soft fibers to knock out any dust in the optical block
assy.....if you can't find one, don't worry about the brush, as the chance
of success is
50/50.

Each section of the TV comes out as such----sections. Lift and pull out the
electrical section on the left, being careful of the very thin ribbon cables
going to the light engine. Loosen the cables from their respective clamps
before doing anything.

There are 3 screws holding the light engine in from the backside....Brass
screws, one is tucked under and left of the light, the other two are
actually squeezed under one of the boards actually attached to the light
block.....you'll find them.

Once you've gotten that out, the topside will have a couple screws that hold
a cover on....remove them and you should be looking straight into the LCD
block....if not, then there's another cover and more screws, bring your
jewelers phillips drivers.

Blow it out, the long brush goes into the slots by the ribbon cables,
thenput it back together....and hope they don't have to replace the light
block....if so, take permanent markers to color code the connections before
replacement (the light block comes with the boards attached, since
they are "mated" to the optics)

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN