[TechAssist] Re: Sharp Camcorder VL-L50u Dead unit - Fish caps ?

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:43:27 -0500

I recall one of those where the caps were only defective in the video
section. Came back about three weeks later with servo caps leaking. Had to
fix for free. Came back four weeks later. Caps bad in camera head. Had to
fix for free. Came back one week later. Caps bad in power section. Had to
fix for free. Customer complained to Better Business Bureau that we
obviously didnt know what we were doing and should not be allowed to
represent ourselves as camcorder servicers. Expected a medal for heroic
effort. Got an arrow through the head.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave