[TechAssist] Re: Sansui Receiver 4900z Power switch

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:33:34 +0000

The last time we bought rubber cleaner we got a gallon can of Varn brand
rubber rejuvinator at copier supply store works well on most rubber some
synthetics ?, don't know if they still make it since it can eat some
plastics.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "ROD" <RODDMOD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sansui Receiver 4900z Power switch
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:57:13 -0600

Lacquer thinner for rubber, works great on your windshield wipers.

----- Original Message ----- > I miss the Vita-Drive rubber cleaner. Was the
best - really brought back
 > rubber drives - phono; vcr, etc.
 > Have tried others - none quite as good
 > Also like Blue Stuff for controls. Has a little 'cleaning compound' that
 > continually cleans the contacts. They stopped making it for a while but I
 > think it is back.
 > BTW, I pulled the switch, took the power section apart. No cleaner in the
 > world  would have done anythig for this one - had to grind down contacts
 > to get to a decent surface - all pitted.
 > Roger G.

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here:

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: