[TechAssist] Re: Sansui Receiver 4900z Power switch

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:33:55 +0000

Another product to consider is the old standby WD-40. Have used it for over
20 years on switches, rotary tuners, pots, Cleaning out motor bearings and
other bearing, etc.. It has the ability to help clean up the contacts while
working them, has very little stray conductivity, and is safe on most
plastics and leaves enough residual lubrication. It also works as a solvent
to remove stickers, tape, and other hydrocarbon gue. Other products I've
tried that have been contact cleaner were based on TCE or carbon TET and did
a number on plastic.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV
Tucson AZ USA

From: "Lyles Tv" <tech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sansui Receiver 4900z Power switch
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:59:59 -0600

Are you saying that this Deoxit is good for cleaning switches without having
to open them and pray that you don't drop a bearing or something else?
Jeff
Lyles TV and Appliance
Elkhorn, Wi.  53121
tech@xxxxxxxxxxx