[TechAssist] Re: Reel to Reel movie...

  • From: Jim Shupe <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys..

  Yes, the frame rate is different, so there is an
inherent flicker..but with the right software, or the
right camcorder, it can be reduced or eliminated.
  I use both, depending on the quality of the film. I
have a digital-8 camcorder that has a couple of "old
movie" digital effects, which, when combined with a
variable-speed projector, produces very good results.
  I also have software(requires capturing to computer)
that will digitally eliminate the flicker, as well as
the "hot spot" from the projector bulb when using a
telecine adaptor. All aspects of the video can be
filtered and adjusted, in fact.

  Jim Shupe, CET
  Lloyd's TV
  Yucca Valley, CA