[TechAssist] Re: Reel to Reel movie...

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:27:32 -0400

I did my old 8mm films that way nearly 20 years ago with the same type
adaptor.
I used a Sylvania VHS camera I had in for repair that was supposed to have
some intermittent problem.
Did my fathers old movies too, which were my baby pictures.
Never did find any problem with the camera, but I got all my movies on tape.
Took a whole day to do them, ending up with about 3.5 hours of video.

Tried to do a 16mm film a few years ago with a Sony camera and they came out
lousy. I attributed it to the earlier camera having a tube and the Sony
having a CCD.

I taped a choral thing last Christmas with my Sony digital camera and put
that on DVD for several members of the chorus, using my computer. It came
out great and could be even better if I get into making a production out of
it, with titles etc.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH