[TechAssist] Re: Reel to Reel movie...

  • From: HSWAD@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:09:56 EDT

I don't know why but your message came through AOL as spam. Hollis Bates,
Field Engineer-retired, Lewiston, Maine, HSWAD@xxxxxxx

        In a message dated 4/14/04 7:27:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Jeff;
I have transferred them from Reg8 and Super8 to Video. I would imagine the
next step would be to take the Video and digitize through a Home Computer.
    Since the Celluloid Technology has been gone for years, I don't think
any one does it commercially. And if they do, probably a good buck per foot
or minute. I used an adaptor that projected the movie into one side, then
mirror off...and a Video Camera in the other side. Very time consuming.
But worked well. I don't think those adaptors are around anymore.
-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx