[TechAssist] RCA CTC187

  • From: "Shaun" <ssroark@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:18:37 -0700

Today this tv came in and when first turned on it had very poor vertical
deflection. The bottom half of the picture looks ok but the top is folding over
and over scanning. Looks like a defective cap, I sprayed freeze mist on the
vertical section near the vertical ic and 3 large caps right there and it came
back on good pix. Now the set looks fine no matter what I do hot or cold or
soldering nothing makes it go bad again. I am worried that if i give it back it
will be back in a day or two with a mad customer. Does anyone have any tips on
this problem? I am thinking the freeze mist fixed it for now but will probably
fail again.

Shaun

SUBJECT field to the address above.