[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:04:56 -0500

Shaun:

A CTC1187 with a stand up tuner. Never seen that before. Been doing them
since first came out, never seen a standup tuner on a CTC until the CTC203.
First time for everything, I guess. Oh well, this is what I have for
vertical problems on a CTC187. I do not know what letters are on the end of
the CTC187, so not sure on your exact chassis:

Replace Vert Chip (Tda8172) Ecg (1788) & Leaky Diode (Cr4501) Location On
Part 070*780

Solder Bad At Microprocessor Ground Shield

Cr4501 Intermittent Junction

Int Conn At Vert Yoke Plug (At Yoke) Hard Wire

Replace Cr4704   Derived Off Flyback For +12 Run Supply,  Part Number 207878

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
Website: www.electricmedic.com
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"
More Info: www.augusta-ga.bbb.org/report.html?compid=6001278&national=y

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  Fisher, GE, KEC/KTV, Konka,
Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA, Samsung,
Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex