[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Feb 2002 12:36:34 -0800

Another good tip is to hold an  ne2  neon bulb close to the flyback. If it
lights, you know you have high voltage, If you don't happen to have a neon bulb
around, I set my meter on AC with no ground and hold the Positive lead (Red)
close to the fly and it will read anywhere from 5 to 50 volts AC, No direct
connections are required. This is a quick check for presence of high voltage if
you don't have a high voltage probe.