[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:52:39 -0800 (PST)

Shaun; I have a similar situation and no solution.
Fixed?? a toshiba B/S model TP4881A yesterday
morning.
Problem was vertical, with lines through the middle
of the screen.
Fix was replacing C334 and C336.
BUT, after replacing said caps, I turned the set on
only to have no raster.
Changed channels, and raster came up but was short
on the top by about a foot.
Within 30 seconds, raster filled out and set played
fine.
Tried freeze spray, played fine.
Turned set off and let it cool for 3 hours.
Turned on, played fine.
Left set off overnight, turned it on this morning
and it plays just fine.
If anyone out there has any ideas for Shaun or
myself, we would really appreciate it.
Walter
--- Shaun <ssroark@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today this tv came in and when first turned on it
> had very poor vertical deflection. The bottom
> half of the picture looks ok but the top is
> folding over and over scanning. Looks like a
> defective cap, I sprayed freeze mist on the
> vertical section near the vertical ic and 3 large
> caps right there and it came back on good pix.
> Now the set looks fine no matter what I do hot or
> cold or soldering nothing makes it go bad again.
> I am worried that if i give it back it will be
> back in a day or two with a mad customer. Does
> anyone have any tips on this problem? I am
> thinking the freeze mist fixed it for now but
> will probably fail again.
>
> Shaun

> SUBJECT field to the address above.

=====