[TechAssist] JVC AV56WP30 procedure to remove back panel?

  • From: "Larry E" <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:57:38 -0500

Hi Guys, I`m going out on this AV56WP30 very shortly and I saw a tip about
having to short out 2 pins on the "digital input module" before removing the
back
cover of the set or it will erase the eprom? Can anyone elaborate on this? Do I
leave pins 1 & 2 shorted to each other while working on the set (with AC cord
plugged in?) I work on 2-3 JVC big screens a year so don`t have this print or
the
procedure the tip is talking about, customers complaint sounds like bad
convergence
IC`s. Any help appreciated, tia, Larry E
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428