[TechAssist] Re: Health Insurance Advice

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:49:11 -0500

First, until the 20th century, there wasnt much that could be done regarding
health care. Second, in 1930 the average life expectancy was 61 years, so
people didnt live long enough to develop many of the ailments that are
common today. Now average life expectancy is 81 years. Third, the
availability of insurance meant that there was money in health care. This
stimulated an industry of health care practicioners, suppliers, and
researchers who developed new drugs, appliances, and techniques. Advances in
transportation allowed infectious diseases to spread worldwide.  Medical
care permitted people with genetic disease tendencies to live long enough to
have children, and sickly children to survive. Now we, literally, cannot
live without health care, so they can charge whatever they feel is necessary
to support it.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave