[TechAssist] Re: Factory security requirements for service facilities

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:54:53 -0600

Mitch,

You missed the point Damon was making.  Anyone in this business who can
say he or she has never goofed up an gotten shocked is either a liar or
just answers the phone at a service shop.  IF one chooses to wear a
ground strap, there MUST be a high-value resistor (usually 1 Meg) between
the technician and earth ground.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:04:48 -0600 "mitchstv" <mitchstv@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> True Damon, but on the other hand if you don't know what a HOT
> chassis is or
> a isolation Transformer you should be working at McDonalds.
>
> Mitch
> Mitchstv@xxxxxxxxxx

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.