[TechAssist] Factory security requirements for service facilities

  • From: "Central Service" <centralserv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:02:19 -0300

 Hi group!
 I wonder if anyone of the authorized services of well known brands like RCA,
AIWA, SONY, JVC, PANASONIC or others, ever received some advice on security
measures that should be used on service facilities (not only work place).

 On service manuals you can find some of them but they are hardly ever used
(even factory service facilities themselves don't have nor use them)

 I'm talking about security measures that factory may once have said should be
used when replacing IC's, (specially LSI like CPU, Jungles or dedicated high
speed IC's), servicing cameras, video, TV sets etc,. Also about spare parts
handling and storage, dressing and work place itself.

 Say for example: grounding requirements, special ESD handling (not only
discharging your hands), work place material, floor conductive painting,
storage cabinet grounding, X-ray radiation test after TV set fix, exposed metal
leakage grounding, etc.

 I would appreciate your comments. Please answer to my e-mail with this "of the
topic info".

Emilio Fraga
CentralService
Electronics & TV service