[TechAssist] Re: Emerson TV/VCR EWC1901 TV shuts off after 10 seconds

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:14:21 -0500

Are we talking about end sensors or reel sensors? The reel sensor isnt going
to make the TV shut down just sitting there! A defective end sensor could do
that with no tape in the unit. The micro is being told that a sensor is
blocked with the basket in the up position. Some of those models had the end
sensors standing up on a stalk of several pieces of printed circuit material
soldered together and there was a cracked trace where two pieces join, so
the unit tried to take the basket in without a tape and then the power would
shut off.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave