[TechAssist] Re: Emerson TV/VCR EWC1901 TV shuts off after 10 seconds

  • From: Jim Shupe <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 05:52:02 -0800 (PST)

Sounds like the little extension on the prism is
broken off...10 seconds is, more or less, about the
right amount of time for the reel rotation circuit to
respond. That extension routes the IR down to the
photo-interrupter to sense takeup rotation. I think
the machine would act much differently if the whole
thing was broken.

  Jim Shupe, CET
  Lloyd's TV
  Yucca Valley, CA