[TechAssist] Dick Smith ESR meter battery life: false "low batt"?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:57:56 -0500

I love my Dick Smith, but one thing about battery life:
First, to "zero" the meter, you need to turn it on,short the leads
together, and push power button. If the battery is low, this is when the
meter shuts off instead of zeroing.But when I remove the old 9V battery
they always test good on my bat meter.I'm guessing the ckt that senses
the bat condition may be too sensitive. Anyone find this, and whats the
solution? I'm tired of changing 9V cells when they're only down a few
percent.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader