[TechAssist] Re: TV lift anyone know a Canadian soure

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:14:29 -0500

I've been thinking of building my own scissor lift using some angle iron
and an old C Band satellite dish actuator arm to do the lifting. Some of
those actuators are rated at 900 lb capacity. The motors are are usually
36 Vdc at around 4 Amps, and reversible. Plenty of these dishes
available for free for the taking away.

Don't know when or if this project will actually get off the ground but
seems like a solution anyhow. I would probably build a model first with
Meccano to try and work out the design.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada