[TechAssist] Re: Computer question,XP and ME

  • From: "Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:32:32 -0600

In safe mode the ME hard drive does not see the USB or CD ROM, in safe mode
one can not run hardware update.
 If I try to boot the machine normally I get the ME splash screen then a
blue screen of death saying:Error OE:0028: FT023639, push any key to
continue.When I press a key I get a very bright strange display with just
streaks of light and dark areas on the screen ,have to power down unit at
that point.
 Works fine with the XP hard drive.
 Error OE:0028:  is a video error according to Google.What now?
Country TV
Ron Miller
Inez, TX. 77968