[TechAssist] Re: Computer question,XP and ME

  • From: "Ty" <ty1k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:08:43 -0800

Ron,
You should have no problems in saving the data.
The reason the old drive comes on in safe mode is due to it not recognizing
all the proprietary junk Compaq uses.
In safe mode you should be able to use the Explorer and transfer files to
floppy. I doubt very much that you could get the CD burner to work.
There is also a slight chance that ME might have recognized and has
reconfigured it's self during the safe mode operation.
Good luck.

Ty

Tiberius Kraemer
BLUE STAR ELECTRONICS