[TechAssist] Re: Computer question,XP and ME

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:48:23 -0500

Dunno if I understand this straight, but sounds like the ME Drive in the
Newer Laptop is only booting to Safe Mode because there has been a
significant Hardware change....and that may be all thats possible.

I dont know much about Win-ME, except that its undesirable....and I would
guess this is one reason why.  I could be wrong, and Win-ME could redetect
all the Hardware, or partially with some success - but its still going to
require probably locating the Correct Driver Updates (if they are available)
for that Motherboard Array. Thats if Win-ME is Friendly like that, and dont
require a entire reinstall. I know Win95, 98 and 2000 all redetect the
Hardware if you move a Drive over to another box...but like I say , Win-ME
could behave differently, which wouldnt surprise me.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)