[TechAssist] Re: CTC169

  • From: joel e sanford <rope23@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:08:05 -0600

 I have been working on ONE Rca 169 for what seems like TEN years,! wish
I could find a bad cap (or something) have received informatiuon from
every (I do mean EVERY) body on the list nothing seems to help find the
prob!from Dan Mundy the complete print of all suspect circuit,s read them
metered them all voltages within ...from Tech lind- suggestion to chang
plugs -no..from Clint to check items (all voltages on the pin
outputcorrectso.........)I want to stand this projo up against the wall
and shoot it but .... the customer thinks it,s my fault.it came in dead,
had the 169mod rebuilt, then trippler shorted befor i could look at the
raster. wasited a Looonnnnnnnng time for the trippler, and now this
.pinchusion bowed top and bottom(c4402 did not cure thanks dennis
enyway)also some parabolic distortion on both sides....enybody seen this?
               PTV adapter also rebuilt  all voltages on D-conv,with
specsnot a yoke prob because each gun has the almost same distortion.I
don,t want to rant on (will put someone to sleep)BUT.........Sanford