[TechAssist] Re: 70 volt line audio amp

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:10:16 -0400

70 ohms of resistance sounds high. Amps work into impedance, which is a
dynamic reflection of the load. DC ohms resistance should be much lower than
the impedance number. Since that is a 70 volt line output, the DC load is
just the resistance of the transformer windings.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609