[tdsoc] Re: license of our projects

  • From: "Federico \"fox\" Scrinzi" <fox91@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: tdsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 16:26:41 +0100

On sab, 2013-03-02 at 13:27 +0100, Lorenzo Nicolodi wrote:

> the last step we need to accomplish is to decide which type of
> opensource license our projects will use. we need something which
> allows
> everyone to use / modify our code for both free and commercial
> open/closed source projects, if and only if they indicate us as the
> source of the work.

GPL and LGPL are not compliant with your requirements. If the software
is modified and you use such licenses the third party must release the
modifed version under the same license.
So I think that the Apache license fits best (or BSD, MIT, ecc..).

--
f.

  "There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache
   invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors."