[tccrockets] Re: Quad Pods

  • From: Paul Avery <pr_avery@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:59:45 -0700

Guys,
I'm not sure it matters for this discussion, but at Jacks request I picked up
some pads from Ron M (a couple years ago?) and brought them up to the launch.
Yes, these were the ones with the wet paint. As I recall, it was 2 pads. I
mention it just for the accounting.
Thanks for all the work you guys do for the club. Sorry we couldn't make it to
OS but the mudslide Gods on I5 and CR58 weren't cooperating and we ended up on
the south side of the highway closures. Just no good way to make it up to the
valley.

Paul Avery

Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 22:51:36 -0700
Subject: [tccrockets] Re: Quad Pods
From: jafrado@xxxxxxxxx
To: tccrockets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ron made one only. We dogged Ron because of the paint and the cost
He dropped off the list and I have been maintaining the launch controller since
(one of the reasons I want to
get some wireless udpates).

The other ones Jimmy and Chris made along with the away pad.

I wanted to get rid of the BDR unit and have an original.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:21 PM, Jimmy F. <Aldocyber3@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, just turned on my
computer.
I believe Chris and I fabricated 8 total new pads for
the club. I will check to make sure of that count.
The club now has 12 total. If I remember correctly
BDR made the first 4, then Chris and I made 2 on a first run to make sure
we
liked our design tweaks. Once TCC gave the input on a
final design we fabricated the last 6. I know for sure the last batch was 6
units
cause I found a pic of them after we assembled them. The
cost part I am not too sure of, Chris did most of the purchasing and
procurements.
I will dig in to this and provide more info. I want to
say they were ~$300 ea. and the last 6 units were a little less due to more
materials volume
yielded a small discount.
Jimmy F.
TRA 12524