[tcb] Just an idea --

  • From: Beverly Williams <bevwill64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:20:06 -0700 (PDT)

I've been out sick since Saturday so I'm trying to catch up on all the TCB
email.  It sounds like everyone had a blast last weekend in Boerne.  Hi to all
the new subscribers!

  Someone posted some really nice pictures from the camp-out at MPR -- I still
haven't posted the pictures I took (sorry).  Anyway, someone took a really nice
shot of Tina and Bob standing beside their bus which was parked overlooking the
lake with the sun setting in the background....really cool picture!

  Paul -- You did a great job with the auction and everyone seemed to enjoy it.
 I know I did!  Looking at the pictures from the camp-out gave me an idea about
an auction item for next year.  If it's a crummy idea, that's okay, I'll just
toss it out there for you to think about -- no harm done.

  IDEA -- Everyone (almost everyone) has a calendar hanging in their
house/garage/office/wherever.  Sammie's daughter usually gives him a VW
calendar for Christmas every year -- each month has a picture featuring a
different VW bus or bug.

  What if you auctioned the right for 12 attendees to have their bus featured
one month on a Transporters at the Point Calendar.  I think everyone would want
to order one of the calendars, and it would be a nice way to remember (month
after month) the great fun had by all.  I don't know how much it would cost to
have the calendars made, but there are some really creative TCB-ers who could
come up with a cool design.  Like I said, it's just an idea I had as I was
looking through the pictures posted from the cruise, camp-out & show.

  Bev--