[talks-uk] Re: upgrading from Vodafone talks?

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:54:08 -0000

Simon
He has Standard Talks on his phone and not Premium.  I know that because I also
have a phone from Vodafone and I was able to upgrade with the help of Steve
Nutt, Computer Room Services for £50.00 to Talks Premium on a new phone which I
also purchased through Steve.  I now have both phones and am very pleased with
them though the Talks Premium would have some more functions as I am told
though I probably don't use Talks enough to have noticed the difference.  I
have noted the difference when I am downloading e-mails as Talks on the Premium
one tells me the percentage of download as it goes but on the Standard Talks
the phone is silent when downloading.  Your friend should tell the Vodafone
people that it is Repairs that know about the Talks as it is Repairs that puts
it on.  I am prepared to stand corrected on this one of course.  It is all hit
and miss I am afraid who you speak to at Vodafone as I found myself, even in
their flagship store in Oxford Street, London.  Now the problem is that you
cannot phone individual stores but I know that Vodafone at Hammersmith
Underground in London and Blue Water in Kent know about putting on Talks, also
in Belfast there are shops that are familiar with this service.  Hope this
helps.  When I got my Talks put on I went to a local shop in Kilburn in London.
 I was fortunate in that the Manager who dealt with me had arranged Talks for
someone the week before.  Would you believe, that shop is now closed down!!!  I
cannot believe vodafone to be a victim of the recession crunch somehow.  Smile.

Elelanor