[talks-uk] Re: upgrading from Vodafone talks?

  • From: "All formats" <allformats@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:02:18 -0000

Yes, I can confirm that Vodafone put standard Talks on their phones.

I have found that most of their reps have heard of it when you speak to them
at customer services and that the manager/head sales people at the shops
also have some idea too which is good.

Also from my experience, they tend to be one talks version or so behind.  I
think this is partly deliberate from a low risk strategy point of view.

e.g. for the most part, Talks works on the N96 but, they told me that Talks
doesn't currently support the N96.

So, I guess I would have complained more if they had offered to put it on
and it didn't work or half worked than I would if they said, as they did
that the N96 is not supported.

I know what I mean, hope you all do!

Off to phone Vodafone now to get them to pay for my handset upgrade.

Cheers.

Paul Hopkins - Manager

(All Formats)

Queen Alexandra College

Court Oak Road

Harborne

BIRMINGHAM

B17 9TG

Tel:

0121 428 5018

Fax:

0121 428 5048

E-mail:

allformats@xxxxxxxxx

Web:

www.allformats.org.uk

Allformats - Braille, Audio, Digital and Large Print Resources for Access by
People with a Visual Impairment.

*****

Confidentiality and Disclaimer:

This email and its attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and
may be confidential or the subject of legal privilege.  If this email and
its attachments have come to you in error you must take no action based on
them, nor must you retain them, copy them, distribute them or disclose their
contents to any other person.

Please contact the sender immediately to notify them of the error.

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Queen Alexandra College shall be

*****

  _____