[talks-uk] Re: Just curious, how helpful is a Braille display really?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:40:36 -0000

Hi Alex

I know two profoundly deaf people who use Mobile Speak with a Braille
display for many functions on their handset.  Indeed, one customer came in a
few months ago, and the way I communicated with him and his deaf
communicator was through his mobile phone and Mobile Speak which has
extremely good Braille support.  He liked the Esys 12 cell so much that he
bought one there and then.  Neither of them could speak, so couldn't use the
mobile as we would, but they texted, and I did likewise to communicate with
them.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx