[talks-uk] Re: Just curious, how helpful is a Braille display really?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 12:52:18 -0000

Hi Carol,

NinePoint Systems can be found here:-

http://www.ninepoint-systems.at/index-en.html

I have only tried the display for about a week.  It took me some getting
used to, but they have a nice interface to the phone's calendar and notepad.
They have a note taker for the phone called Oxygen.

I think we will be selling them from January, but not yet sure of prices.

They also do some very interesting modular Braille displays, that clip onto
each other.  So for example, you can buy two twenties and make a forty.
This means you can just take a twenty with you, and leave the other at home,
then clip them both together when you want a longer display.  This is called
the CeBra.  A fascinating company I think and one to watch.