[talks-uk] Re: BBC I PLAYER ON NOKIA E71 N95

  • From: "Paul Cutress" <pcutress@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:18:48 -0000

    Hi Eleanor

ABOUT HOW I USE BBC I PLAYER

I watched panorama yesterday using my phone, it was about the shocking events
surrounding  baby P.
I have 2 more episodes of panorama stored on my phone ready to watch later.  I
have not tried downloading radio programmes yet, but may do so in the future.
I have watched some East Enders from last week as well, but the programme
actually works better on my Nokia N95 than on my E71.

Sometimes, I find that the software can crash on the E71, more so, if you
stream the programmes instead of downloading them.
Also, you are unable to change the volume level when streaming, and this is the
same on both the E71 and N95.

The first time I downloaded a programme from BBC I Player using my phone, I got
the message "register phone with BBC content provider"?
I simply prest yes, and some activation keys which allow you to play the
downloaded content were sent to the phone.
downloaded content playes in real player.  When playing downloaded content in
real player, you can change the volume level.
The downloaded content isn't that big, a 30 minit programme only took up about
70 mb..

I think that the application is very accessible, and works very well with talks.
the application displays like a tipical webpage on your phone with options
like, TV, Radio ETC.

For those having problems downloading the software to your device, you can try
this link below.  However, I cannot guarantee it will work with all nokia
devices.

please type the following into your devices web browser:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/widgetdownload.shtml

I hope all this helps,