[studiorecorder] Normalization question

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sr" <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:31:19 -0500

Rob, On several occasions when using SR, I normalize a file to 0 DB and
when I check the measurements, the positive peak is something like minus
3.2 or something like that.  When I raise the volume to 0 with the
volume module, the file is distorted.  If I undo the volume change and
try normalizing again, I am told that the file is already at the level I
have set.  It is often a mono file.  I know there is an answer here, I
just don't know what it is.  I bet, however, that you do.  So, may we
have your wisdom on this one?

Neal