[studiorecorder] Re: Normalization question

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:13:44 -0400

Phil:

With the meter, they are the left and right peaks. Neal was using the
Measurements dialog. The meter does what I described, that is, taking
the largest of the positive and negative peaks, and using that for the
peak.

>>> phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx 06/23/06 02:52PM >>>
Hi Rob,
So are you saying that the two numbers you get with the alt+a peak
announcement are the positive and negative peaks?
I thought they were the left and right channel positive peaks!
smiles,
Phil who should know more about audio editing but doesn't.