[studiorecorder] Re: Normalization question

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:04:24 -0500

Rob, Sound forge calls these Minimum and maximum sample values.  I am
not sure these are any more correct, and could be misleading, but I
think the word peak is what may be throwing people.  I think many people
think of peak as a positive number and relate it to peak meters which
causes some to think of peak as being the highest possible level in the
file.  Thus, minimum peak could be rather confusing.

Neal