Re: [steem] Fuzion CDs

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:46:28 -0000

Hi,

> I'm creating a site about the french St cracking group Fuzion and i do not
> manage to get some of those menus working under steem 2.06. Only about 20
> menus over 200 produced by the group doesn't works at all...

That sounds good, let me know the URL when it is ready and I'll add it to
Steem's links.

> Here's a link to an image that makes Steem "crash and burn" :
> http://omiquel.free.fr/fuzcd/fuzcd084.msa
>
> I had tried this image with stew with the same result.
> Saint 0.99 display a screen with randomly couloured pixels and manage to
> launch the menu.
>
> Finaly i had used makedisk to test it on my 520 Ste, and it works fine.
>
> It is quite frustrating because the 20 menus seems to crash at the same
> point , with the same boot-program.
>
> Could you give me some help? I could send you more of those non-working
> menus if you want so :)

Unfortunately these protection routines are difficult to follow, that is
what they are there for, so it is very difficult to know where to start
debugging them. We will add it to the list of disks to debug, but don't hold
your breath. :-) I don't think there is any point sending us any more disks,
if they all crash the same way they are all probably using the same
protection routine.

Thanks for the report,
Russell Hayward

Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/