[steem] Getting Steem to RUN

  • From: Maurice Shenton <maurice.shenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Steem authors <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:04:06 +0000

        Help! I am new to the joys of emulation (ignorant?)
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have downloaded Steem (version 2) for Windows 95 and also UK versions of TOS 1.02 and 2.06, using Internet Explorer 4.
I have extracted the contents of the two Zip files into the same directory on the hard drive "D" of my ancient 486DX.

Problem:
If I double click on the file "steem.exe" it reports that it could not open because a file "DINPUT.DLL" is missing. I have done a thorough search of all drives and cannot find this anywhere. Consequently, I downloaded Steem again from the net, in case the download had been corrupted but the result was the same. What do you think I have done wrong? (I have read all of the .txt files in the Steem folder and can find nothing there to explain the problem.)

Sorry to be so ignorant - can anyone advise me please?

Maurice Shenton

-- Manage your list membership - //www.freelists.org/ Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/