[starbuck2001] Re: a Geneseo Hello

  • From: "Brian Walden" <waldenbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <starbuck2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:07:30 -0400

Hi Kathy, this is Brian Walden.

I've been doing great since i left the clinic.  I feel as though I've really
taken away the importance of paying attention to the psychological aspects
of stuttering.  Right now I'm especially working on convincing myself that I
can have moments when i stutter and still be in control of my speech.
Things are going great. I just went to my first toastmasters tonight.  I was
really nervous in the beginning when everyone had to go around the room and
introduce themselves.  But when it was my turn instead of panicking i took a
few seconds to center myself, something which i'd usually be way too nervous
to do, and things went well from there.  I even signed up to be the
grammarian for the next meeting.  I'd love to help out with educating
people, or anything else involved with the fundraiser or project.
Unfortunately i won't be able to make it to the fall refresher, it's parents
weekend at school.