[starbuck2001] a Geneseo Hello

  • From: "Kathleen R. Jones" <jonesk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: starbuck2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:06:17 -0400

To all you Starbuck Squares out there:

I trust that you are starting this fall with faith in the future and joy in
your hearts.  I know that I am.  School started last week and it promises
to be a most excellent semester.  After the clinic I spent a little over 2
weeks in California with some friends and enjoyed reading, traveling and
just "hanging out".  Coming home was good though - being with my family
again especially but I have been able to do some fun things with friends
too.

It seems that this group of students are quite interested in knowing more
about stuttering and are focusing on the problem this semester in our
student organization - therefore, there will be at least one fundraiser in
the fall for the clinic that they will help with and they are also planning
to put together presentations to take into the public schools to help
sensitize elementary and middle school kids to the problem.  In preparation
for this, I will help them get guests speakers and a panel to discuss
issues.  Then with this info they will create something to take to the
schools.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Hopefully, soon many of you will hear from your monitors/guardian angels.
I am trying to get them together at my house for a pizza dinner but I have
not been able to find them all yet - it is just the first week.

Please email each other, me and the other staff and let us know what you
are up to.  I have heard from several but not all.  You are important
people to us.

REMEMBER THAT WE HAVE A WEEKEND PLANNED FOR OCTOBER 20 AND 21.  YOU WILL
GET A FLIER ABOUT IT TOWARDS THE END OF THIS MONTH.

Kathy

* Kathleen R. Jones, Ph.D.                                          *
* Department of Communicative Disorders and Sciences                *
* 204 Sturges Hall                                                  *
* State University of New York                                      *
* 1 College Circle                                                  *
* Geneseo, NY 14454                                                 *
* Phone:  (716) 245-5133                                            *
* Fax:    (716) 245-5434                                            *
* Email: jonesk@xxxxxxxxxxx                                         *
http://www.geneseo.edu/~cds/CDS_Parts/CDS_Starbuck_Clinic.html      *
                                                                    *