[ssug-malappuram] Re: [MES-FSUG] A central place for resources

  • From: Ershad K <ershad92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 08:19:20 +0530

On 09/11/2011 04:13 AM, NITHIN KAMAL .A wrote:
> Hi all,
> Good initiative.Video tutorials are the best ones to learn things.
>
> Can anyone share some ready available links here.

The existing ones are video lectures by different universities and some
tutorial websites.

http://academicearth.org
http://ocw.mit.edu
http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
http://khanacademy.org
https://ftacademy.org

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 12:39 AM, Anees P <aneees.p@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hosting is the problem here. We'll need a lot of space to host videos.
>> Or shall we upload them to youtube and embedd them? or make use of web
>> services like min.us to host the files? Min.us provides each member
>> 10GB of space and doesn't irritate us like rapidshare does.

Yes, we can either use min.us or youtube to upload the videos. I think
youtube will be good since the videos will be listed in search by people
who may not know about this service. It may even help us to promote the
idea and get more participation. What about the main site? drupal?

--
Sincerely,
Ershad K

Our IRC channel #mes-fsug at irc.freenode.net. Webpage for GNULabs @ MESCE is