[ssug-malappuram] [MES-FSUG] A central place for resources

  • From: Ershad K <ershad92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MES FSUG <mes-fsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 00:29:28 +0530

Hi,

        Many colleges (like mine) do not have a good collection of useful
resources like video tutorials, thesis papers and all. But in some
colleges, there will be plenty of such materials available in their LAN.
Do we need a central place to keep all such useful resources so that
everyone from any college will be benefited?

        NPTEL & Khanacademy are good and accessible to everybody, but there are
many other resources in other colleges too. One example I would like to
point out is in NITC. They have a good collection of many video
lectures/tutorials of topics like latex etc. in their LAN. Hence it
would be nice if we have a central repository to keep all such videos
and made available to public.

        I think we can make some initiative and contact different colleges to
share what they have. Let the knowledge be free and accessible to everyone.

--
Sincerely,
Ershad K

Our IRC channel #mes-fsug at irc.freenode.net. Webpage for GNULabs @ MESCE is